Universal Dual Battery Kit 200 Amp Isolator Genesis Offroad.
This is the most complete and easiest to install dual battery system on the market. This version has a heavy duty battery tray that you mount into your application.
- Completely pre-wired out of the box.
- Boost switch included, jump start your vehicle off your second battery.
- Power and Ground bus bars make it easy to connect accessories
- Smart Isolator automatically handles all charging functions.
- New Feature! Interface port pre-wired for the G Screen monitoring system.
- Best quality wires, tin-plated copper connectors, sealed heat shrink tubing,
- Powder coated for durability.
- Proudly made in the USA
The top cover plate has several innovative features in a simple package. All of the wiring has already been done for you, and the smart isolator comes pre-installed. The welded gussets on top have holes with grommets to route the wires directly to the correct battery post, so there's no guess work involved to make the connections. Use the extra grommets for routing your own accessory wires cleanly and neatly to the power and ground bus bars. High quality battery terminal connectors are soldered and crimped to the flexible 2 gauge wire connecting the batteries together. With all the wiring integrated into the top plate, servicing your batteries has never been easier. Simply pull the terminals off the battery posts, remove the 4 easily accessible stainless fasteners securing the lid, and all the wiring can be lifted up and out of the way to service your batteries when necessary.
The included smart isolator gives you automatic control of all the charging functions with no interaction required.
Here's how it works.
- When both your batteries are fully charged at 13.2 volts, they are automatically connected and are charged at the same time.
- When you park and turn off the engine, but continue to use accessories such as lights or the stereo or a CB, both batteries begin to drain down.
- When your main cranking battery reaches 12.7 volts, the smart isolator separates the batteries, so that your cranking battery will have enough power to start the engine. The second battery continues to power your accessories for as long as it will last.
- After you crank the vehicle, your main cranking battery will be charged up to 13.2 volts first, and then the isolator will begin charging your accessory battery. By only charging one battery at a time, your alternator is protected from excessive strain.
What if your cranking battery is somehow drained down too low to be able to start the vehicle? We have a solution for that.
- Press the Start Boost button and the isolator will connect both batteries together for 1 minute, acting like built-in jumper cables to jump start your engine off your accessory battery.
- As long as the accessory battery has enough power, you'll be able to start your vehicle instead of being stranded with a dead battery!
- The alternator will charge both batteries for 1 minute, then switches back over to automatic mode to reduce the strain on your alternator.
Also includes high amp power and ground bus bars. The bus bars are already pre-wired to the accessory battery. Now you can quickly and easily connect your winch, lights, amplifiers, and lots more while keeping the wiring neat and orderly. Your winch or other high-amp accessories go onto the large center post on the bus bars, and all your other accessories go directly to the smaller screw terminals on the bus bars.
- Any Group 34 battery will fit our tray
- Optima Red Top is a good engine starting battery, but not recommended or warranted for use in deep cycle applications. 800 CCA, 50 Ah capacity, 100 minute reserve time
- Optima Yellow Top 8012-021 is a good high power, dual purpose engine start and deep cycle battery. 750 CCA, 55 Ah capacity, 120 minute reserve time
- Odyssey 34-PC1500T is for those who need the most capacity possible! 850 CCA, 68 Ah, and 135 reserve time
- Both batteries must be the same physical size for the top lid to securely hold them in place
Technically speaking, the isolator rating should match the alternator output rating. In real world application, the actual output of the alternator is much lower than the published rating, so the 85 amp isolator is plenty sufficient for most vehicle owners. Some vehicle owners like to do everything overkill just for peace of mind, so there's no downside to going with the upgraded version.
- Standard 85 amp - suitable for most general purpose uses.
- Upgraded 200 amp - highly recommended for vehicles with multiple high amp draw accessories such as big stereo systems or lots of electrical components. Required if using an aftermarket high output alternator.
- Battery Tray
- Top Lid
- Smart Isolator 200 amp
- Boost Switch
- Power bus Bar
- Ground Bus Bar
- G Screen Interface Port
- All Wiring
- Stainless Hardware
- 3/8 Battery Post
- 5/16 Battery Post
The Universal kit can be connected to be used in 3 different scenarios.
1. Standalone. Only 2 batteries in the vehicle. One designated as cranking, and one as the accessory battery. This is the default option out of the box. This is for vehicles that do not already have a cranking battery under the hood, or if you are removing the cranking battery under the hood and replacing it with our tray. Great for dedicated rock crawlers, race cars, or custom cars that need the batteries relocated.
2. Two accessory batteries and one cranking battery. This is the best option for vehicles that already have a cranking battery under the hood, and allows our smart isolator to manage all 3 batteries. You'll move the 2ga red wire from the right side of the isolator and reconnect it to the red power bus bar. This combines the 2 batteries in the tray at all times. Then run a new lead wire (sold by the foot from the options above) to your factory positive harness and connect it to the right side of the smart isolator. Now when your cranking battery is above 13.2v, the smart isolator will connect all 3 together, giving you even more run time. We recommend using 3 identical batteries for best results. Great for adding extra accessory power to your RV, boat, camper, trailer, etc.
3. Two cranking batteries and one accessory battery. This option is best for heavy duty vehicles that need a lot of cranking apps to start the engine, or for vehicles in cold weather conditions. Simply connect your lead wire (sold by the foot from the options above) from the factory positive harness to the positive post clamp with the wing nut on our kit. This links one battery in our tray to the cranking battery under the hood at all times. Again, when they are above 13.2v, all 3 batteries will be connected, giving you even more cranking power. We recommend using 3 identical batteries for best results. Great for diesel motors, tractors, service vehicles, etc.
The tray can be mounted anywhere you have space available. You can drill holes in the tray to bolt it down, or grind off the powdercoat to weld on your own custom brackets.
If you are using AGM batteries, they can be mounted on their side, giving you more flexible mounting options. The lid is strong enough to hold the batteries in place if the tray is mounted sideways.
The base of the tray is 14.25 inch by 10.75 inch, and it is 10.5 inch tall up to the top of the isolator.
Optional G Screen Monitoring System
Need to keep a closer eye on your batteries? Check out our dual battery monitoring system - the G Screen.
- Voltage levels for each battery
- Remote status indicator
- Background color changes based on battery status
- Remote boost button
- Completely pre-wired for you!
- Multiple mounting options (A pillar, dash, or in an sPod over the rear view mirror)
The universal tray can be mounted into any vehicle. It is well suited to crawlers, trophy trucks, race cars, RVs, boats, expedition trailers, farm equipment, and a lot more!
Drill holes in the bottom to secure with bolts, or weld your custom brackets onto the 1/8 inch steel tray.